Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday...

~~I ended having to pick Steff up last night. Not because she was having problems, but b/c she decided to go hang out after the late movie. Not happening. When we got home, I noticed her head doing that twitching thing. She ignored it, washed her face, brushed her teeth and got ready for bed. I asked how long it had been going on, her answer was "for a little while". She got out her ipod and climbed into bed. She knew what was coming. I'm not sure how long she had to fight it. She sang with the ipod as she tried hard to ignore the jerking. I smiled at her, but it was hurting my heart. She was acting like it was no big deal. She rolled over and gave me an ear bud, so we listened to the music together while she ignored the episode. One hour later, her body finally gave up. I have to call her a little trooper. She put her head into the music and only whimpered a couple of times. It stayed under control. I did, however, give her that pill as soon as she walked in the door. That prob helped keep it at an hour. Usually after she takes that pill, it lasts a while, but it puts her to sleep. She slept sound until this morning.
I called Dr. Patels office. Seems he is sick and not in a full day. I expected to hear from them, but didn't. Maybe on Monday. I hope and I hope it makes a difference on the time line.
I found another article on Gardasil side effects, I'll attach it at the bottom. It's starting to scare me more each day. I know we don't know for sure, but it looks like a duck and sounds like one. She has started something new with these episodes. We can't understand her. She talks jiberish of some kind. Sounds funny to say, but not so funny to listen to while you are trying to help her. It's over and over and very hard to understand. Strange, I know. I'll paste the stuff from WebMD and sign off - she's staying home tonight. Let's pray for a quiet one. : )

Reported Adverse Events From Gardasil: WebMD
The CDC and FDA monitor adverse events reported in people who get any vaccine, including Gardasil. All those reports go into the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS).
The 7,802 adverse events reported to VAERS for Gardasil include 15 deaths and 31 reports of Guillain-Barre syndrome, a potentially paralyzing, life-threatening condition in which the body's immune system attacks part of the nervous system. Reports through April 2009.
But the VAERS data doesn't tell the whole story, notes John Iskander, MD, MPH, the CDC's acting director of immunization safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment