Friday, May 15, 2009

I was thinking.....

Today I was thinking...scary! Steff is getting better, seems that even her pain in her back has lightened up. I was wondering if it was the acupuncture. When I asked her, she reminded me that we did several things all together. She's right.

  • Acupuncture


  • Aleve 2X day


  • Taking her off the brain meds


  • She is now going to school for 3 hours, daily

So, not sure which one to give the credit to, but will take it! And will continue the acupuncture. We just returned from another visit. He said her "knots" in her back were not as prominent, and feels they are making progress. Another good thing! The sauna, water, rest has been an ongoing thing and will continue. But these things have made a difference in the last two weeks. Perhaps it's the motivation to get to school and the interaction with the students. Perhaps this "thing" has finally taken it's toll and is out of her system. The acupuncture might be helping her back/hips, along with the aleve for the inflammation. AND you know coming off all those meds HAS to make a difference. I felt bad just laying all of them out for her twice a day. Tonight she will drop to 1/2 & 1/2 Keppra. This is good, very good.

Still haven't heard from the Xrays, blood, or echo. I am assuming no news is good news. I am going to call her today for the results and to see if she can move the sleep test up. I really hate to start the new school year doing medical tests! I would really like to wrap this up and put it to bed FOREVER! This journey we have been on since Feb 2nd has def been a challenge and won't hurt my feelings at all when it ends ~ trust me! What started out as emails, moved to a blog and WHO ever thought I would still need to get my therapy through this STILL on May 15??? I do have to admit, I have learned a lot though. Not only do we have GREAT friends, but live in a GREAT community with a LOT of support for our family. It warmed my heart at prom, all the moms and families that grabbed Steff and were glad to see her!! She was touched by it as well. I didn't mean to get all mushy, but I cannot say enough about the people in our lives ~ how the prayers, support, hugs, looks of understanding, encouragement, the fundraiser, cards, flowers, everything ~ has helped us through this tough time. Hopefully we are on the tail end of it and almost finished! THANKS TO ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment