Monday, October 26, 2009

Another day in the ER

Yep, another ambulance ride to the University ER. Steff had 2 pretty bad episodes at school today. For some reason, today it hit her harder than it has for a while. She wasn't able to get out of the room, or feel it coming. She couldn't talk to get it across that she was having trouble. Today was a bad day. She only had one dose of the chelation, so that seems strange. However, we are going to postpone trying that for a bit. She will continue to take the other meds he suggested. It will help push the free toxins out of her body, and help with the inflammation in her brain. The B12 will help give her energy. I kept Dr. Mark in the loop today. He called to check on her later.
I really don't even know where to begin. My heart hurts for her. Some rude comments were made about her today that were repeated to her. I know people don't understand. I know it's disrupting for the school, and hard for kids to understand. But she's just a teenager trying to hold onto some normalcy in her life. She didn't ask for this, and she doesn't like it a darn bit better than the ones making the comments. I hate that the comments came through on her cell in a text. Sometimes things don't need to be repeated, especially if it's going to be hurtful. I'll leave it at that. I'm out ~ maybe tomorrow night I'll feel like giving the details of today, but right now, I just want to go spend time with Steff/Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment