Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday.. .... ... ...

Good Morning all! We had a ‘different’ kind of Monday. Steff did attend school all day, and seemed to do well. She came home, grabbed a bite to eat, then she and L headed into town. Came home, chilled a little bit, then headed to the JV & V games. She was very tired when she got home. I know she needs a little "down time" and she didn't get it. So, you know where it went from there….. down hill! She can’t sleep, the Keppra makes her nauseated and dizzy. So, she lays there trying to deal with that. It gets later each night. Around 11:45, she had an episode, and I felt her legs spasm all through the night. Yep! I was sleeping in my bed, but with the episode last night, I laid down with her. (there was no sleep for me) I got her up early this morning for her PT appointment at 7:30, we made it, but we were both looking rough! : ) She had a good strong workout at PT. They put heat and those electrode things, that work on your nerves/muscles> not sure what they call that. Anyway, it threw her into another episode. Decided that laying on her back for that is not a good idea. Angie said they will lay her on her stomach next time. The spasms didn't stop there at Peak. So, we are up to a total of 3 muscle spasms episodes this morning. It’s typical for it to happen at Peak, especially if A over works her low back. So, all that said. I’m hoping for a good day. I just dropped her off at school, planning a full day and she hopes to be able to do the trial run on the dance routine. The dance routine plans are in Georges' hands, he has to decide if the school is okay with her doing it. I think he feels like she's rushing it. I won't argue with him. HOWEVER, both Doctors say "Let her decide, she knows her body." So, I'm just rolling with that, not always agreeing with it, but rolling with it. Unless of course, I feel stongly about it.

We did learn a couple of things this morning. 1. Angie, her PT, is planning to attend Friday night to watch her dance, or to watch her, I'm not sure. Either way, I'm glad she's going. She can take a big episode and reduce it to nothing in a matter of minutes. 2. It seems like the nausea comes around 3 hours after the Keppra. So, I sent a package of Goldfish with her to school. She's supposed to eat a few every hour to see if that helps. She's supposed to stay ahead of the nausea. We'll try that for a couple of days. If that doesn't work, Shawna at Dr. Patel's office said she can call in something. That however, would mean more pills! We aren't much into taking meds. But, we'll play it by ear. I also called Dr. C in St. Louis yesterday. The pills he put her on are actually called, Sinemet. I gave the generic name I guess. They knock her out and make her feel sick, so he said cut them in half. Instead of taking them in the morning and heading off to school. We are going to do 1/2 at supper and 1/2 at bedtime. That's about all the medical news I have for now. I don't feel like my work is done yet. Dave's thinking I should go back to work, but it would be difficult. I still have to make all the phone calls, run her to PT, and work. (I worry about her most of the day!) Dr. Bynum has me off until after Steff's appointment on March 6. It does pay better to be at work, but I would miss a lot of hours. My disability claim is still up in the air, so I'm not getting a check of any kind yet. I think that's Dave's point, with Cancun coming up. LOL But, life goes on........and on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment