Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday update 2/19/09

Good Morning! Steffanee is still sleeping. She seemed to have a very peaceful night. As I lay there trying to go to sleep, I realized a couple of things that I didn't post. My wheels are always turning, sometimes in the wrong direction, but they're turning! We actually have made progress through this medical mystery. : ) In the beginning, she was having the violent seizure- like episodes, she is now having them less frequent and they are controlled. We have had 2 of the uncontrollable ones since we left the hospital. She had as many as 30 in one day while we were there. This is progress. I need to recognize that, and so does she. We may not be “back” to that girl we had 3 weeks ago, but we are a distance from the girl we took to the hospital.

I think I just get frustrated, because the Doctors can’t put a name on it and fix her. I wish they would listen when I say that the only thing that has been different in her life is the Gardasil shots. I told him yesterday that I’m not stuck on that, but please be open to that idea. I gave him the paper from the National Vaccine Information Center that stated that girls getting this shot are having neurological problems, involuntary muscle contractions, soreness and stiffness in their joints and muscles. I do think he listened to that and ran a copy of the 2 papers. Who knows? Maybe he will check into that. I don’t necessarily KNOW that the shot did this, but something had to cause this. Okay, this was supposed to be a positive post. She has gotten better. We are making progress. Hopefully, the new medicine will take care of her pain, put the shine back into her eyes, and a smile back on that beautiful face.

Need a smile? Dave and Steffanee both like to jam out the music. I was blessed on the way home to Dave singing with Kid Rock and Steffanee doing Taylor Swift. I know both CD’s by heart. They were rocking that front seat! I just sat back and smiled. Another smile? As I was typing this I received an email. I stopped to read it. Here it is:


To: YOU Date: TODAY From: GOD Subject: YOURSELF Reference: LIFE
This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day. I love you.
P.S. And, remember... If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.
Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now


Go figure! Life is Good. I’m out of here, we really need to get things going. Steff is still sleeping. Later. me

No comments:

Post a Comment