Yep, I'm back....I copied and pasted the paper from Dr. Flannery, I know some of you said you didn't find it. So, I'm putting it on this blog> the entire article. Yes, it's long. The first page is pretty interesting. Seems it is more about the girl than the vaccine. That's my take anyway. One more thing before I get there. The times on these blogs is off.... so don't be thinking I shoved her off to school in the dark!! YOU know better than that. : ) I'm out of here.
Home > Vaccines & Autism
Vaccine / Autism Information
Click Here to download this page as a PDF
I believe that the choice to vaccinate children is an individual one. I encourage people to properly research the effects of vaccines instead of blindly accepting what a doctor tells them. That said, my child will never receive a vaccine. Based on my research, the cons far outweigh the pros and therefore the choice to vaccinate is not for my family. This article is not designed to sway your opinion one way or another. It’s for those who have suffered the ill effects of vaccinations and are looking for answers. The following is my theory of how negative vaccine reactions happen based on my research and clinical experience.
The problem rarely starts with the vaccine, but the vaccine is the tipping point (the straw that breaks the camel’s back). Let’s start with some basics, our skin. Our skin creates a barrier of protection for our body. Say you had a knife that had bacteria on it. If that knife touches your skin, you would not get a bacterial infection because your skin forms a protective barrier the bacteria can’t penetrate. Now let’s say you cut yourself with the knife, breaking your skin (the protective barrier). Now there’s the risk of infection by the bacteria if your immune system is not able to efficiently kill the invader. Immune cells just under your skin act like the border patrol, waiting for a barrier breach, at which point, they attack the invaders.
What does this have to do with vaccine reactions? Read on. Your skin isn’t just on the outside. It also folds into your mouth and, with slight modifications, creates the lining of your digestive tract, a tube from your mouth to your anus (aka, the “gut”). As we put things in our mouth, there is a risk of infection from invading bacteria and viruses. Your gut acts as a protective barrier to keep these invaders out. If these invaders cross the gut barrier then they are attacked by the immune system. As a matter of fact 80% of your immune system is found surrounding the gut. Your gut also knows what good things to allow into your bloodstream, like nutrients.
This gut barrier can often be broken down causing what is called, “leaky gut,” literally holes in the gut barrier. This is equivalent to the knife cutting the skin in the example above. Leaky gut is responsible for many food sensitivities and food allergies.
Similar barriers appear in the lungs and the brain (aka, the “blood-brain barrier”). These barriers can also break down, just as the gut barrier can. A big sign the lung barrier is broken down in children is a history of asthma and allergies. Often, when one barrier is broken down so are the others.
All this being said, here’s the problem with vaccinating children. Many children who have vaccine reactions are those who have these broken down barriers. It’s the broken barrier that is the predisposing factor that puts a child at risk for a negative vaccine reaction. This is why one child may have a reaction to a vaccine shot and another might not. The vaccine did not break down the barriers; the barriers were already broken down. Because the barriers were already broke, it allowed toxins in the vaccine to cross over into the brain tissue, lung tissue, abdomen, pelvis, etc.
Take autism as an example. Autism is thought to be caused by vaccines. Again, I say the vaccine was the tipping point. One cause of autism, according to my research and clinical experience, is that an autistic child is birthed by a mother who has high testosterone levels. When infants are exposed to high levels of testosterone it causes the blood-brain barrier to break down (this is well researched). The infant then receives vaccination after vaccination during the critical months after birth. The compromised blood-brain barrier allows the toxins from the vaccine to enter the brain tissue where an attack from the microglia cells (immune cells in the brain) takes place. This attack begins to destroy brain tissue causing neurologic symptoms. Autism will not be diagnosed until two years of age so the parent continues to vaccinate even though the child’s health is declining. It’s sad to see so many parents giving their autistic child the supplement GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid). GABA is a necessary neurotransmitter made in the brain. It is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter and is known to cause relaxation, reduce anxiety, and help with sleep. This is one of the top selling supplements for autistic children. It’s important to understand that GABA is too large a molecule to cross a healthy functioning blood-brain barrier. If a person has a response to the GABA supplement (increased relaxation, reduced anxiety, or better sleep) it is diagnostic of a broken down blood-brain barrier. Let me repeat that: if you or your child takes GABA and experiences an increase in relaxation, less anxiety, or better sleep, this indicates a serious problem. Parents of these children think it is a “wonder drug” because of the calming effect it has on these autistic children. NO, NO, and NO! They leave their children on the supplement and do not address the broken down blood-brain barrier and the brain continues to be destroyed. Over time the GABA supplement becomes less effective. This is due to the fact that GABA receptors in the brain are over exposed to GABA and lose sensitivity to it. This results in a decline in relaxation and an increase in anxiety. Many parents say “the supplement just stopped working.”
Autism is just one well known result of broken down barriers. This can take place in the lungs, abdomen, pelvis, etc. as well as causing pain, inflammation, digestive problems, breathing issues and many more symptoms.
For the health and recovery of the child, it’s imperative that these barriers be restored. In order to restore one, the issues that cause these barriers to break down in the first place must be addressed. It’s not my intention to give treatment advice here as each case is individual; there are similarities among cases but I do not have a magic pill. There is no one treatment that fixes the damage for everyone.
• Immune system activation from asthma, allergies, infections, etc.
• Immune system activation from exposure to food allergens (especially gluten)
• High testosterone levels
• High homocysteine levels
• Oxidative stress (especially in the presence of increased blood sugar)
• Elevated blood sugar levels
• Various medications.
Steroid drugs used to treat asthma actually promote further breakdown of the barriers in the body (including the already compromised lung barrier).
What is my approach? I start with a consultation to determine the patient’s history and what tests to run. I order a general blood test that allows me to evaluate the patient’s physiology and identify dysfunction that is preventing healing. Here’s just one example. If a person is anemic or has low blood sugar it’s impossible for the body to heal itself. Cells in the body require two things to regenerate: glucose (blood sugar) and oxygen (not sufficiently present in an anemic person). These issues must be addressed before healing can begin.
The next goal is to repair the broken barriers (various healing methods are available). One thing not to do is chelate the person. Chelating removes heavy metals like mercury, aluminum, tin, lead, etc. from the body. You run two risks by chelating a person with broken down barriers. One, metals are pulled from the tissues into the blood stream enabling more metals to cross the blood-brain barrier and do more damage to the brain. Second, when barriers are broken, the immune system is over active (remember the border patrol lining these barriers). Pulling the metals out heightens the immune system causing more damage to the body’s tissues. I have even seen cases where chelation caused an autoimmune condition such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s disease, etc. to be “turned on” during the process due to the increased immune activity. Autoimmune disease is irreversible once it is turned on in the body.
Here are some methods to reverse the effects of a vaccine reaction (any treatment should be under a doctor’s supervision). As stated above, I find each case to be unique.
1. Reduce exposure to food allergens, especially foods containing gluten. Gluten is known to cause damage to the nervous system (brain and nerves). Email me (DrMark@LiveHealthWise.com) and I will send you a list of foods that contain gluten. I do not bother to try to figure out food allergies (there are NO good allergy tests). Just restrict the diet to meat (chicken, turkey, lamb and fish), vegetables (no tomatoes, eggplant or potatoes), and homemade chicken broth.
2. Manage blood sugar levels by eating protein every 2 hours. This helps maintain proper levels of glucose in the blood. In women, this helps to reduce high testosterone levels and feeds the cells so they can function properly. Also, proper glucose levels are necessary for correct brain function. The brain only weighs 2-3 pounds but uses 1/3 of the body’s glucose. Without a healthy functioning brain there is nothing to orchestrate healing in the body.
3. Manage any anemic condition. There are many types of anemia. Iron anemia is only one type. NEVER take iron unless you know you have iron anemia. Low iron levels on a blood test do not mean you are iron anemic. Iron toxicity is very damaging; taking iron can cause tremendous inflammation as well as oxidative stress on the body. It is a must if you need it but detrimental if you don’t.
4. Reduce homocysteine levels to below 5. At levels above 5 there is the possibility of barrier breakdown. There is a gray area between 5 and 7. Levels absolutely have to be below 7 but I do not like to gamble so I choose to get them below 5.
5. Take care of ALL gut infections and these can be analyzed with stool tests. There are many different types of stool testing out there. The ones your traditional M.D. will order are not sufficient (we have had many patients show false negatives with these). The test I use in my office is by Metametrix Laboratory. It is DNA type testing and is the most sensitive test around.
6. You must fix the barriers. This can be done in different ways and is too complicated to explain here.
7. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day (Example: 120 pound person would need to drink 60 ounces or about 2 liters of water per day. Water does not include juice, soda, milk, etc.
The above list is not comprehensive, but it’s a good foundation. There is nothing more heartbreaking than to watch a child’s health decline due to a vaccination that a doctor recommends. If your child is suffering, my prayers are with you. Do not underestimate the power of prayer when it comes to healing. Healing cannot take place without the will of God.
May God bless you and your family with His power of healing.