Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The yes and nos of food

I'm going to put the eat and avoid foods at the end ~ just so you know what we are up against. We will do it, no question about that. Help if you can. Tonight I sauted some fresh veggies & stir fried them with brown rice. I thought it tasted good, she balked, but ate it. : ) News flash for her> that's what she is getting for lunch as well. LOL Anyway, after the softball game, we went to the float building thing. It's coming together ~ it always amazes me that it comes together in the end. Steff had a headache while she was there. Is laying down now, says it feels like her insides are all shaking. Bummer. I feel bad for her, but don't know how to make it better ~ benedryl you think? Shut the body down so she doesnt' feel bad? Yep, that's the kind of mom I am. I would in a heart beat ~ just hope she'll be able to get up in the morning.
I need to go load up the cardboard I've been hauling home for a couple of weeks. The bon fire is tomorrow night. I got online to check the weather> and here I am!! Dang> I need to get things done. Court crowning tomorrow night!
Here's the food chart>
Foods to avoid:•Any food that you are allergic to it.•Dairy (milk, cheeses, yogurt, butter), eggs, margarine, and shortening•Foods prepared with Gluten containing cereals like wheat, oats, rye, barley, normally found in breads, pasta, etc.•Tomatoes and tomato sauces, corn, peanuts•Alcohol, Caffeine (coffee, black tea, sodas)•Soy or products made from soy, such soymilk or tofu•Peanuts or peanut butter•Beef, pork, cold cuts, bacon, hotdogs, canned meat, sausage, shellfish, meat analogues made from soy

Foods to eat:•Drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses), herbal teas, green tea, fruit juices (no sugar added), vegetable juices•Consume grain foods made from rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat or tapioca.•Fresh fruits, vegetables, beans (navy, white, red kidney, etc., peas (fresh, split, snap)•Consume mainly fish (not shellfish), and moderate amounts of chicken, turkey, and lamb•Use mainly olive oil, canola and flax seed oil in moderation
Well, you tell me!! Should be interesting, the next couple of months. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Quinoa is real good. Red quinoa is my favorite... soaked a little while for it to sprout (it can do so within 12 hours!). It's got a unique fluffy texture... kind of nutty actually ;)

    ReplyDelete