Monday, September 21, 2009

Quiet Weekend

Hey Folks! We had a rather quiet week end, on the Steffanee watch. : ) She had a small/med episode at school on Friday, at lunch. Handled it by herself, then moved on with lunch. These are the days that give me hope, that one day, it will come to an end. Then today, Monday, she had some bad brain fog, (hard to explain, but it's there!) She realized it and removed herself from the class. She regrouped after a while and moved on.
She started the Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Sugar Free diet today. At first she balked at two months, but I reminded her that we've been fighting this for 7 months ~ if doing this diet for 2 months keeps us from continuing the fight ~ it will be worth it. She smiled and caved. : ) It will be mostly veggies, salads, fruits & meat. We'll all work on this together. I marked the calendar to see if we can see any difference in two weeks. One day at a time. I smiled at her tonight. She said she had two hot dogs at the game, without the bun. Good thinking, except I'm sure those dogs were full of preservatives. I didn't say anything. We'll get there.
I also got her car license lights fixed tonight. Much cheaper than we were quoted. The cost was in double digits instead of triple. Life is good. : )
On a heavier note, we found Prancer tonight. Sandra & Datyn found her in the woods behind our house. I guess she died on Friday. She was here that morning, but didn't come back home like she usually does. They all 3 meet me at the door when I come home from work. Bummer. And now there's 2. Dave & I both will miss her. She was mostly his cat, slept at his feet, biting them every now & then. She was full of pi.. & vinegar! If you passed her while she was laying on the carpet, she would reach out with her paw to grab your leg/jeans. We'll all miss her. Hope she's in cat heaven.
Here's to hoping for another smooth week. Steff passed out early, like as soon as she got home from the game. Hope it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment