Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick Post>> I hope. : )

As I read through the emails in the Group about Gardasil. I did find some encouragement in this posting:
The doctor at Duke told me that from his experiance, and he has 40 years of experiance, it typically takes 1 to 2 years to recover from a vaccine injury. That really helped me, because for a while, I was losing hope that she would get better. As of tomorrow, it will be 1 year since my daughter had her 3rd shot, the shot that took her down and disabled her. She is almost completely better, she is just tired a lot now and her period is irregular.
Sometimes I worry that this will only get worse and she will have it all her life. Probably b/c I REALLY don't understand what happens when she does that shiver thing or why it goes into their knees. I just read where one girl had 4 surgeries on her knee. WHAT?!?
School went well today. She's really excited about the float trip tomorrow. I, on the other hand, am worried. They leave at 6:30 AM, return sometime in the evening. She'll do fine, but by the end of the week, I'm afraid it will catch up with her. Gosh! I have become quite the worrier. and crybaby. I cry a lot when I talk about this, not sure what that's about either. WAAAA! : ) Oh, well, life goes on. I do feel much better to think that it won't just keep getting worse. We all started taking that B12 Liquid today. I'll give it a couple of weeks and let you know. Supposed to help with energy level and immune system. Off to bed it is> can't oversleep, the girls will miss their trip! Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you watched the national and local news tonight on channel 17, but they both did reports on Gardisil. The gynecologist they interviewed on the national news said he would not have his daughter vaccinated. He said that there was not enough research and enough known about the drug.

    ReplyDelete